Sons of William
George VI Memorial
A District of the Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland
TEMPLE OF LOYALTY LOL 481
The oldest Lodge in No. 4 District possibly dating back to 1797 formerly met in James Frances' Inn in Great Frances Street. This Lodge has in its ranks one of the oldest Orange families in the town - the McNeilly's.
Temple of Loyalty begins new year
LOL 481 met in mid-January to install its officers for 2015, in the presence of District Officers and other visiting brethren. After a successful meeting, the brethren enjoyed supper and a social evening in the Orange Hall.
Unfurling of new banner
Temple of Loyalty LOL 481 will have a new banner to parade behind this Twelfth, following the unveiling of their new lodge standard.
The Orange Hall was packed last Saturday evening to see the new banner unfurled in a ceremony conducted by the Grand Chaplain Bro. Ron Johnston. The new banner was then well and truly christened by the summer showers in the parade that followed.
The banner's main image is divided between portraits of the Ulster Tower, the Boyne Obelisk, Dan Winter's Cottage and the statue of Lord Carson. King William crossing the Boyne is on the reverse.
Installation of Officers 2013
Christmas Party 2012
LOL 481 makes Honorary Member
It was with great pleasure at a recent function that Worshipful Master Bro Phil Smyth presented Wor Bro Wilson Porter with his Honorary Members certificate. Wor Bro Porter joined LOL 481 on 5th January 1976 and served as Worshipful Master in 1982. Bro Porter also served as Lay Chaplin from 1995 until 2001.
Presentation to Honorary Members
Worshipful Master David English presents certificates to five honorary members of the Lodge at the annual dinner in early November